Unsurprising really, it appears that bloggers don’t sleep as much as the general population.
Whilst I accept that my poll may not, statistically speaking, stack up with its + or - error margin of 37% and while I also know that gut reaction is not usually the best fit with statistics, I do in fact, feel that these results may reflect a valid indication of the sleeping habits of genus homo bloggeris.
Poll results are as follows;
- 15% of the 19 respondents (3) to my poll say they sleep less than 5 hours a night
- 47% (9) have between 5 hours and 7 hours each night
- 26% (5) have around 8 hours and
- 10% (2) have more than 8 hours every night
My analysis is as follows;
- No zombies responded to my poll
- Most respondents (62%) sleep less than 8 hours a night*
- A minority (36%) sleep 8 hours or more
- Non bloggers on average sleep longer than bloggers (see the trusted and reputable Science Buzz site) and therefore it can be said that bloggers are more physically active and therefore fitter – doesn’t sound quite right but we can’t argue with the facts. Stats are always right!
- 14 of my so called ‘followers’ didn’t bother voting humph!
*Or is that this group are more likely to respond to polls – perhaps there’s a causal type relationship that I’m not fully considering? Are they voting on polls later into the night and therefore have less sleep time available? This poll is generating more questions than answers – how frustrating for us scientifically minded folks!
Ps. New poll published today