Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers Day

Had a delicious breakfast in bed this morning for Mothers Day and scored a lovely new pair of slippers which is great with winter fast approaching.

I think Rory was trying hard to get me out of my ‘funk’ of the last couple of days and suggested we jump in the car and go get his suit hire organised for the school ball on June 6. He rang his date as she wanted to come and bring her dress so they could co-ordinate their look. We picked her up on the way and I watched his eyes light up as she came down her front steps. He’s besotted.

It was a great idea to get out of the house for a couple of hours. It was wonderful seeing him looking so grown up (and suave even) in a beautiful black single breasted jacket with a charcoal shirt and silvery grey embroidered waistcoat and tie. I enjoy watching him and his girl interact; he’s gentlemanly and considerate - I’m really proud of the man he’s becoming.

I love you son.

5 comments:

  1. You are such a good mom, and your son sounds lovely. If only he was older and lived here...*sigh*

    :D

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if only there were more men in the world like your son, there would be less spinsters like me. happy mother's day honey. you did good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it does sound like you have a good kid on your hands, Lou, which is, I'm sure, a refeltsion on the kind of mother you have been to him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a good kid you have, he will pick you a great old peoples home I'm sure of it....lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. He sounds like a wonderful son. You deserve to be very proud of him. Good job, Mother! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and leave a comment. C'mon you can do it.