Saturday, May 2, 2009

…a few of my favourite things

http://whatscookingamerica.net/LavCremeBrulee.htm Crème Brulee by Chris Caldes. Photograph by Carrie Russell

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got this idea a couple of days ago from Dade Freeman’s great site It’s My Life. Thanks Dade.

My favourite things…

- Author: Margaret Attwood
- Beverage: Ice cold Jim Beam and coke
- Cologne / Perfume: Elizabeth Arden Red Door
- Dessert: Crème brulee mmmmmm
- Electronic Device: my Nokia E71
- Food: Thai (specifically yum nua and giang panang)
- Game: Pixel Junk Monsters
- Hobby: Mosaic
- Ingredients as a pizza topping: Chicken and capsicum
- Job (you've had): my current role (Operations Mngr)
- Kind of breakfast: Eggs Benedict with salmon
- Living or dead person: my fabulous dad
- Movie: The Shawshank Redemption
- Novel: I know this Much is True by Wally Lamb
- Organic Produce: Big fat juicy tomatoes
- Programme on TV: Outrageous Fortune
- Quote: “Do or do not, there is no try” (Yoda)
- Relaxation Method: sorry don’t know you all well enough to share this – let’s stick with ‘see favourite beverage as above’
- Song: Run to the Water, Live
- Time to wake up: around 6:00am
- Unusual Talent: None (only fairly normal ones)
- Vacation Spot: various NZ lakes and rivers
- Website: http://www.youtube.com/
- Xperience: travelling (especially south-east Asia) 
- Yoghurt: no thanks – yuck
- Zodiac Sign (your own): Leo Leo

5 comments:

  1. I am so not a creme brulee person but I am told my pastry chef husband makes phenomenal creme brulee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you! In your shoes I'd be demanding it every Sunday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stole this from Dade, also. It was fun reading your answers. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you on The Shawshank Redemption and I Know This Much Is True. They are both listed in my blog as favorites. I am currently reading Wally Lamb's book The Hour I First Believed. Almost finished it.
    We eat tomatoes almost every day throughout the summer and even lots of hothouse ones through the rest of the year.
    Up at 6:00 or earlier every day and I don't have to be.What's up with that.
    Nice to get to know you better. I listed 25 things about me on my site and it was really hard to come up with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool Lori and you probably also like Margaret Attwood too - she's a compatriot of yours. Brilliant writer. I haven't read that Lamb book but I do also love 'She's come undone'.

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and leave a comment. C'mon you can do it.